Meeting Notice for the 44th Maintenance Guild Meeting in Johnstown, PA

Meeting Notice

The Maintenance Guild will hold their Forty-fourth meeting on March 5, and 6, 2018.

    The forty-fourth meeting of the Maintenance Guild will be held in Johnstown, Pennsylvania   with our host Plant being North American Hoganas. All attendees should plan to be in an all-day round table session on Monday with an evening hospitality mixer. The technical presentations and tour will be on Tuesday and the Golf outing may not happen due the time of year and weather. An alternative event maybe considered. Transportation for the Plant tour will be provided for the group.

Member dues need to be renewed and are still $25.00 per year. This meeting we will be electing a new vice president. The member dues need to be current to be considered a voting member per our corporate charter and only steel mill employees are voting members. Please consider becoming an officer with the Maintenance Guild.

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel located at 250 Market St., Johnstown, PA 15901. You can fly into Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) which is 86 miles to the hotel. The room rate for the Guild members will be $99.00 dollars per night plus a $5.00 per day parking fee. To make your reservations, individuals should call (800)-433-5663 or (814)-535-7777 ask for a room out of the "Maintenance Guild Meeting" block. You can also click Maintenance Guild Room Block  and use code MAI to reserve your room online. All reservations will be held after 6PM and guaranteed for late arrival only if accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed to a major credit card.

You need to make the meeting fee payments in advance. The cost for this meeting will be $350.00 (American). Registration and payment can now be made on our website www.maintguild.com or you can fax me a PO number at (330) 479-5061 and I will invoice you for the fees as long as we receive the funds prior to the meeting. This fee will cover the cost of meals, bus transportation, meeting rooms, and equipment.  The cutoff date for the block of room we have on hold is February 18, 2018 so make your reservations soon. After this date the rooms will go on a first come first served basis. There are few hotels close to this location so please make your travel arrangements as soon as possible.

Tuesday evening we will have a dinner with a guest speaker from North American Hoganas.

Due to projected weather forecasts we will not be golfing. We are currently looking at an alternative event and will communicate as soon as possible what that may be.  If you are interested in an alternative event please contact Mark Kropf at kropfm@maintguild.com or call him at (330) 479-5060. After the event all members will be on their own for the rest of the weekend.

We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you in Johnstown, PA.

Meeting Minutes for the 43rd meeting in Mobile, Alabama

Meeting minutes of the October 18th, – 20th 2017 meeting in Mobile, Alabama

The members of the guild arrived on Wednesday October 18, 2017 for breakfast at 7:00am.           

Mark Kropf reviewed the details of the meeting and covered the week’s event schedule.

The following companies were represented; CMC Texas, CMC Alabama, Charter Steel Cleveland, Charter Steel Saukville, North American Hoeganaes ArcelorMittal Dofasco, Outokumpu, Pan Abrasive and IVACO Rolling Mill

Sean started the round table session by review a new process in the round table development to organize the round table topics by grouping began at 8:10 with questions from the floor.

Sean ask the members to introduce themselves and what small projects there shops completed that had a big impact on the operations that was not a big project or CAPEX job.

In over 30 years in the steel industry we cannot get or keep people in the steel mill in general. The group in general are experiencing similar issues and the topic of apprenticeships came up and the mills that went back to it are having better luck with retention than the mills without it. The conversation continued for a while discussing the different ideas. Shift schedules also came into the discussion as a deterrent to worker retention. Other topics that came into the discussion was the incentive programs, retirement incentives and the use of outside contractors. The group discussed the team process by getting there maintenance and production personnel involved with the improvement or solution process to create buy in with the staff,

Took a break at 9:10

We started back at 9:20

Slag door/lip cleaning system, who is using what and does anyone use the grant system? Moe tank was discussed, Empco, Concast, Demag systems were mentioned. The group discussed the pros and cons of those systems.

Who is using the aluminum current conducting arms? A number of shops are using them and the group discussed the pros and cons for the aluminum arms vs the copper clad arms.

How do other shops set triangulation on their electrode arms? The group discussed the different processes that are used and what works and items to watch for.

Scrap crane operator runs crane from the crane cab, who uses the loading process with remote control crane without a clear line of site using cameras for view? Most shops are using remote controlled cranes but have a line of site. The group discussed the issues associated to this process.

Is anyone using optical system or protective relays for over current scenarios in the furnace? One or two shops are working with it with more work to do.

What kind of life are most shops seeing on the power cables for the electrode arms? Some shops are on a 3 year cycle. Storage of the cables were also discussed and the trend today is to store in a crate flat and long rather that hanging them. The newer technologies of internal mounted sensors for field and current measurement for cable integrity checks.

The group talked about beer can grounding lugs from DMC which allows for quick disconnect on the grounding connections 4,000 MCM ground on the roof to gantry. And they use an explosion welded copper/carbon base to be able to weld the mounting blocks to the arms for improved grounding.

What are other shops doing with hydraulic & grease sampling and how often? Most shops are doing monthly sampling. They also use the suppliers to do the monitoring as a service. They also will filter new fluids being used to bring levels back up.

Took a break at 10:30

We started back at 10:40

What are other shops using for status lights for there in service cranes? There was different color references. The group discussed what they are using in color identification.

Do other shops have problems with shell over temps and what are you doing to correct it. And what temps do you stop? Most shops will shut down to correct over temps on the slag line when there at 700 to 750 degrees F. Most issues are either electrode profiles or slag make up issues. The conversation moved into continuous thermal scans of ladles in service to measure refractory thinning.

Are other shop looking at or working with the “TOYOTA Way” of lean management in the maintenance side of the work. A lot of shops are using LEAN, “5 S” and or TPM types for maintenance management systems. The key was to train the teams in the culture change and to empower them take ownership of the process. Conversation covered a lot of different issues on buy in and what holds back some team members. Peer recognition was another program discussed to improve collaboration between teams.

The group broke for lunch at 12:00

What incline belt suppliers are other shops using flex-a-wall was one mentioned. The group talked about different ways to do repairs on damaged sidewall belts.

Gunning and stamping robots for refractory addition. Also scanning the bottom for refractory addition. The group discussed a BSE unit for the scanning unit and RHI has the gunning robot. The conversation moved to sample lances and the stainless process has different requirement and requires higher quality.

Does anyone have problems with scrap puncture on the roof panels? Most shops do not but some had arc issues and evacuation, scrap mixture profiles, and grounding issues are some of the issues that effect this phenomenon.

Water leak repairs on the roof was discussed and one company talked about using a vacuum pump to remove water from leaking and allows repairs to performed quicker with no water coming out the hole or crack.

Has anyone ever had issues with transformer gassing on a new transformer?  Most of the members present said no and that it is an issue that should be addressed. The level of acetylene has been stable around 1ppm so they are not sure if it is an issue.

Is anyone using any online training programs for trouble shooting? One program that was looked at runs high at $1200.00 per user per year and not sure if it has the value.

The group returned from lunch at 1:10

Does anyone monitor the manpower for the vacuum truck and grounding for the corrugated pipe? The group discussed the different issues that they all deal with in their respective mills.

Does anyone use personnel cooling or have areas for the workers to get cool fresh air for the guys on the floor. There were a couple of companies that do and they discussed how they prevent dirt from being blown around. Group discussed different cooling technologies like cool vests and other types of personnel cooling technologies. Vortex was another cooling unit discussed.

Does anyone up north deal with frozen wet coal and how do you keep it fluid? There was a discussion on bin heaters and different vibratory system used but at time it requires jack hammers to break it free. The conversation moved to 5th hole addition systems.

Does everyone have fire suppression in the transformer vaults? Yes from everyone present.

What style roof lift does the group like and why? The group had different comments and each had there pros and cons.

Took a break at 3:30

We started back at 3:40

Does anyone have any comments on a company called UMEC? Some did but not many commented.

How are other shops managing compressed air some shops use air cooled, some have water-cooled, some are screw compressors and others are centrifugal types are all had their reasons for the one they used.

Has anyone done anything with updating power outage procedures? The group discussed their particular procedures and what the importance is for them.

Do other shops purge there tundishes with nitrogen prior to pouring? Yes most shop do.

Does anyone allow people under a full furnace with a flat bath ready to tap to clean the pit? NO!

Does anyone have a procedure for verifying all water valves are open after an outage? Some shop have and they had different ways and methods.

What procedures are other shop doing when using crane rail stops? Different procedures were discussed. Rail stop, spotters and tags in the crane cabs that show the operator rail stops are installed, were mentioned.

Does anyone have trouble with thermocouples changing polarity after a furnace outage? No other shops had seen this phenomenon and could not offer an explanation.

The round table finished at 5:00 pm.

This meeting the members will be on their own for dinner and return to the hotel for the Hospitality room activities from 7 till 11 provided by the supplier sponsors.

The group started off Thursday with breakfast from 7:00 to 8:00. Sean opened the Technical session with updates for the day and reminded everyone that was in attendance to provide their business cards for the attendee list. This will be emailed to the attendees later in the week. All papers will be available for review on our web site.

Sean made the introduction for our first presentation at 8:05.

DEAN CAREY OF DGI LOGAN PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “: A LOGAN INDUSTRIES CASE STUDY ON A MEDIUM SIZED CYLINDER REPAIR GONE BERSERK" Dean finished the presentation at 8:35 and took questions from the floor.

After a short break Sean introduced our second paper at 9:00. 

GREG ODENTHAL OF INTERNATIONAL TECHICAL CERAMICS PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED, "ITC ENERGY SAVING CERAMIC COATINGS.” Greg finished the presentation at 9:30 and took questions from the floor.

After a short break Sean introduced our third paper at 9:55

 EDGARDO LA BRUNA OF TIMKAN TECH PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED "SOLUTIONS & SERVICES FOR THE METALS INDUSTRIES" Edgardo finished the presentation at 10:30 and took questions from the floor.

Sean made the introduction for our fourth presentation at 11:00

DEREK FORREST OF HYTORC PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “NEW ADVANCEMENTS IN BOLTING FASTENERS” Derek finished the presentation at

11:30 and took questions from the floor.

12:00 Members went to lunch

1:05   Members boarded bus and departed at 11:10 for the tour of the Outokumpu Stainless plant

5:30                 RETURN TO THE HOTEL

At 6:00 the members gathered in the Ballroom for a hospitality mixer.

At 7:00 dinner was served.

At 8:30 we were able to hear our guest speaker Mason Burge Team Manager – EAF/AOD, BA AMERICAS OUTOKUMPU

From 9:00 - 11:00 the group finished with a mixer to discuss the day’s events and information.

On Friday October 20th, at 9:00 the members attending enjoyed a round of golf at Spring Hill Golf Course.

43rd Maintenance Guild meeting agenda for October 18 - 20, 2017

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2017

7:00                    HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET in Bienville A

                            SIGN IN WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARD

8:00 - 8:10.         INTRODUCTIONS & MEETING KICK OFF BY SEAN COLLINS IN BIENVILLE B

8:10 - 12:00        ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS. (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

12:00 - 1:00        LUNCH BUFFET IN BIENVILLE A

1:00 - 4:30          ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

5:00 – 6:00         MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OWN FOR DINNER

7:00 – 11:00       HOSPITALITY SUITE WITH HOURSDORVES IN THE CLUB ROOM

                           PROVIDED BY THE SUPPLIER GROUP (ALL INVITED)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2017

7:00 – 8:00         HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET IN BIENVILLE A

8:00                     INTRODUCTION: SEAN COLLINS IN BIENVILLE B

8:05                     PRESENTATION:

                           DEAN CAREY OF DGI LOGAN PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “: A Logan                                   Industries case study on a medium sized cylinder repair gone berserk"

8:35 – 8:45         QUESTIONS

8:45 – 9:00         BREAK

9:00– 9:30          PRESENTATION: 

                           GREG ODENTHAL OF INTERNATIONAL TECHICAL CERAMICS PRESENTING A                       PAPER TITLED, "ITC ENERGY SAVING CERAMIC COATINGS.”

9:30 – 9:40         QUESTIONS

9:40—9:55         BREAK

9:55 – 10:30       PRESENTATION:

                           EDGARDO LA BRUNA OF TIMKAN TECH PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED                                   "SOLUTIONS & SERVICES FOR THE METALS INDUSTRIES"

10:30 – 10:45     QUESTIONS

10:45 - 11:00     BREAK

11:00 - 11:30     PRESENTATION: 

                         DEREK FORREST OF HYTORC PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “New                                           Advancements In Bolting Fasteners”

11:30 – 11:45     QUESTIONS

12:00                   LUNCH BUFFET IN BIENVILLE A

1:00 - 1:10          BOARD BUS OUTSIDE HOTEL PROMPTLY FOR THE TOUR OF OUTOKUMPU

1:10                     DEPART FOR THE TOUR OF OUTOKUMPU

5:30                  RETURN TO THE HOTEL

6:00 -7:00        GATHER IN THE IN BALL ROOM FOR HOSPITALITY

7:00 - 8:30          DINNER IN BIENVILLE A

GUEST SPEAKER:            

                            MASON BURGE TEAM MANAGER – EAF/AOD

                             BA AMERICAS OUTOKUMPU

8:30 - 11:00        HOSPITALITY MIXER WITH BEVERAGES

FRIDAY OCTOBER 20, 2017        

9:00 - 1:30          GOLF OUTING AT SPRING HILL GOLF COURSE

MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OUR FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK

Bring your own FR approved PPE

Attendees that are registered to attend the Maintenance Guild meeting Oct 18 – 20 in Mobile Alabama. If you’re planning to go on the plant tour the plant safety requirements are as follows;

1.       FR Jacket

2.       FR pants

3.       Hard hat

4.       Safety toe boots

5.       Safety glasses with side shields

6.       Ear plugs

If you do not have FR paints you to send Mark Kropf your size information for a one piece coverall that the plant will try and provide.

             PLEASE NOTE I NEED YOUR SIZE BY THURSDAY OCTOBER 12th

Send you confirmation and or size to    kropfm@maintguild.com

43rd Maintenance Guild Meeting Notice

Meeting Notice

The Maintenance Guild will hold their Forty-third meeting on October 18, 19, and 20, 2017.

    The forty-third meeting of the Maintenance Guild will be held in Mobile, Alabama with our host Plant being Outokumpu Stainless. All attendees should plan to be in an all-day round table session on Wednesday with an evening hospitality mixer. The technical presentations and tour will be on Thursday and our Golf outing Friday morning. Transportation for the Plant tour will be provided for the group.

      We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel located at 301 Government Street, Mobile, Alabama 36602. You can fly into Mobile Regional Airport which is 17 miles from the hotel or into Pensacola Regional Airport which is approximately 57 miles from the airport to the Holiday Inn. The room rate for the Guild members will be $112.00 dollars per night. To make your reservations, individuals should Call (888) 897-0089 or (251) 694-0100) ask for a room out of the "Maintenance Guild Meeting" block. You can also click Maintenance Guild to reserve your room on line. All reservations will be held after 6PM and guaranteed for late arrival only if accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed to a major credit card.

You need to make the meeting fee payments in advance. The cost for this meeting will be $350.00 (American). Registration and payment can now be made on our website www.maintguild.com or you can fax me a PO number at (330) 479-5061 and I will invoice you for the fees as long as we receive the funds prior to the meeting. This fee will cover the cost of meals, bus transportation, meeting rooms, and equipment.  The cutoff date for the block of room we have on hold is October 6, 2017 so make your reservations soon. After this date the rooms will go on a first come first served basis. There are few hotels close to this location so please make your travel arrangements as soon as possible.

Thursday evening we will have a dinner with a guest speaker from Outokumpu Stainless, Alabama.

For those individuals that are interested there will be a group gathering Wednesday for a round of golf.  If you are interested in playing please contact Mark Kropf at kropfm@maintguild.com or call him at (330) 479-5060. I need to know by no later than October 16th if you plan on golfing so tee times can be secured.  We plan to Tee off by 9:00 and finish at 2:00. After the outing all members will be on their own for the rest of the weekend.

We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you in Mobile, Alabama.

Meeting Agenda for the 42nd Maintenance Guild Meeting

WENDSDAY, MAY 24, 2017

7:00                     HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET, ALL INVITED

                             SIGN IN WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARD

8:00 - 8:05.         INTRODUCTIONS & MEETING KICK OFF IN

                             CONFRENCE ROOM BY MARK KROPF

8:05 - 8:35          PRESENTATION:

                             JEFF BALL OF US WATER SERVICES PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “MELT SHOP                                                                     DIRECT CONTACT WATER IMPROVEMENTS"

8:35 – 8:45         QUESTIONS

                             BREAK

8:50 - 9:20          PRESENTATION: 

                             CHRIS HAWK PAT DIMAGGIO OF HAWK INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS

                             PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED, "INCONEL OVERLAY FOR MELT SHOP APPLICATIONS”

9:20– 9:30          QUESTIONS

                             BREAK

9:40 – 10:10       PRESENTATION:

                           DANA MASELLI, GREG CROSS & CALEB HODGES OF APO PUMPS & COMPRESSORS PRESENTING A                                PAPER TITLED "FLEX-A-SEAL, SPLIT MECHANICALSEALS"

10:10 – 10:20     QUESTIONS

                             BREAK

10:30 - 11:00     PRESENTATION: 

                             BRAD GARWACKI & JEFF OVERLY OF GLOBEX PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “OSHA REQUIREMENTS                              & DESIGN CONSIDERATION FOR HORIZONTAL LIFELINE FALL PROTECTION SYSTEMS”

11:00 – 11:10     QUESTIONS

                             BREAK

11:20 - 11:50     PRESENTATION: 

                       DOMENIC STALTERI OF A. LONGO CONSULTING PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “DEVICES TO IMPROVE                            OPERATOR SAFETY. ”

11:50 – 12: 00    QUESTIONS

12:00 - 1:00        LUNCH BUFFET, ALL INVITED

1:05                     BOARD BUS OUTSIDE HOTEL PROMPTLY FOR THE TOUR OF VALLOREC

1:15                     DEPART FOR THE TOUR OF VALLOREC PLANT

5:00                     RETURN TO THE HOTEL

5:00 – 7:00         MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OWN FOR DINNER

7:00 –11:00        HOSPITALITY SUITE WITH HOURSDORVES

                             PROVIDED BY THE SUPPLIER SPONSORS (ALL INVITED)

THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2017

7:00 – 8:00         HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET ALL INVITED

8:10 - 12:00        ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS IN CONFERENCE ROOM (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)                

12:00 - 1:00        LUNCH BUFFET, ALL INVITED

1:00 - 4:30          ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

6:00 - 7:00        HOSPITALITY MIXER WITH BEVERAGES

7:00 - 8:00          DINNER, ALL INVITED

GUEST SPEAKER:   DAVE GIANCOLA, PROJECT MANAGER FOR VALLOREC AND PAST                                              PRESIDENT OF THE MAINTENANCE GUILD.

8:30 - 11:00        HOSPITALITY MIXER WITH BEVERAGES

FRIDAY MAY 26, 2017

9:00 - 1:30          GOLF OUTING AT KENSINGTON GOLF COURSE PROVIDED BY OUR SUPPLIER SPONSORS

MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OUR FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK

Revised meeting notice for the Forty Second Meeting May 24-26, 2017

The Forty second meeting of the Maintenance Guild will be held in Youngstown, Ohio with our host Plant being Vallourec Star. Our meeting format will look a little different for this meeting as to accommodate the shops production schedule. Wednesday will be the technical papers and tour of the Melt shop and the new Piercing mill with a hospitality mixer that evening. On Thursday we will have our round table sessions with the happy hour, dinner and guest speaker that evening. We will finish the week out with a golf outing in the morning. All steel mill members should plan to be in an all day round table session on Thursday.

We will be staying at the Courtyard Youngstown Canfield at 4173 Westford Place, Canfield, Ohio 44406. You can fly into Pittsburgh International Airport – PIT which is 55 miles to the hotel, Akron-Canton Airport – CAK which is 61 miles to the hotel and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport – CLE which is 77miles to the hotel. The hotel does not have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The room rate for the Guild members will be $95.00 dollars per night. To make your reservations individuals can click this link Book your group rate for Melt Shop Maintenance Guild Spring Meeting or call (330) 533-6880 or (888) 236-2427 by the cut-off date. They must identify themselves as members of Melt Shop Maintenance Guild. All reservations must be guaranteed and accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Guest room rates are established based on total group negotiations. Individuals making hotel reservations through discount means, such as via the Internet, will not be considered part of the group’s guest room block.

You need to make the meeting fee payments in advance. The cost for this meeting will be $350.00 (American) and can be made on our website www.maintguild.com or you can fax me a PO number at (330) 479-5061 and I will invoice you for the fees as long as we receive the funds prior to the meeting. This fee will cover the cost of meals, bus transportation, meeting rooms, and equipment.  The cutoff date for the block of room we have on hold is May 16, 2017and we only have 35 rooms in the block so make your reservations soon. After this date the rooms will go on a first come first served basis. Please make your travel arrangements as soon as possible.

Thursday evening we will have a dinner with guest speaker from Vallourec Star

For those individuals that are interested there will be a group gathering Friday for a round of golf at Kensington Golf Course which is adjacent to the hotel.  If you are interested in playing please contact Mark Kropf at or call him at (330) 479-5060. I need to know by no later than May 22nd 2017 if you plan on golfing so tee times can be secured.  We plan to Tee off by 9:00 and finish at 2:00. After the outing all members will be on their own for the rest of the weekend. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to seeing you in Ohio.

The Spring Meeting Date is now set for May 24th thru the 26th

To all members of the Maintenance Guild, It my pleasure to announce the date and location of our next meeting. Vallourec Star in Youngstown has agreed to host our next meeting in May. This meeting will include a tour of the Melt Shop and there new piercing mill. I am currently coordinating the hotel arrangements and will be sending out the meeting announcements tomorrow. I know this meeting is later than normal but hoping it fits into your schedules. Our meeting format will look a little different for this meeting as to accommodate the shops production schedule. Wednesday will be the technical papers and tour with a hospitality mixer that evening. On Thursday we will have our round table sessions with the dinner and guest speaker that evening. We will finish the week out with a golf outing in the morning,for those who are interested please let me know in advance so tee times can be secured.

Plan for our next meeting March 27th thru 29th 2017

THIS MEETING WAS CANCELED AND WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF SETTING UP A NEW LOCATION! MORE INFORMATION NEXT WEEK. OUR APOLOGIES BUT THIS WAS A MILL DECISION WE COULD NOT AVOID.  

We are currently setting up our next meeting with IVACO Rolling Mills as our host and tour location. Currently our meeting will be the last week in March from the 27th thru the 29th. Please keep watch for meeting details coming out the first of the year.

Meeting Minutes for the Oct. 3rd - 5th 2016 meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana

The members of the guild arrived on Monday October 3, 2016 for breakfast at 7:00am and the Round table sessions began at 8:00.                       

Sean Collins reviewed the details of the meeting. Dan covered the week’s event schedule.

The following companies were represented; CMC TX, CMC AL Nucor Seattle, Charter Steel Cleveland, Charter Steel Saukville, Electralloy, Nucor Crawfordsville SDI Columbia City, SDI Pittsboro, North American Hoeganaes and IVACO Rolling Mills.

Sean then ask the group for nominations from the floor for vice president.

Next Sean started the round table session by review a new process in the round table development to organize the round table topics by grouping began at 8:10 with questions from the floor.

Turnover in personnel has led to retraining supervision coming from the floor to supervision?  The group discussed the process of developing ownership in the area and its importance. General training is equally important. The discussion went on about apprentice training programs

What are other shops doing to control water quality in the shop water system. The discussion focused around water glycol and how to remove it from the water system but also how to prevent the leaks in the hoses and lines. Leak detection systems were covered as well. One shop uses a glycol coagulation chemical. But some of these created other issued in corrosively of the equipment.

Crane reliability in the electronic side of the controls within the melt shop environment? Leaird was one company mentioned for the radio control, Cat tron was another. How often are the crane brakes checked? Day shift and every other day the brakes are inspected. Control panel AC units were discussed and the dangers in keeping the box too cold and creating condensation causing short outs with the electronics.

Took a break at 9:00

We started back at 9:10

Is it normal for production not to communicate process changes that impact maintenance reliability until after they have do it? This has been an age old problem but most shops have made improvements in the communications area over the years. But more needs to be done.

What are other shops doing to reduce duct over temps after putting in burners. There was a discussion on break flange gaps, water flow, and chemical analysis of duct gases.  The second half of the conversation went into the “B” phase mast cylinder over heating as well and the group provided multiple items to look at to correct the problem.

Are any shops doing anything on panel leak detection? Past papers were discussed but most have not been reliable.

Do any shops have a crane motor gear box ect on a schedule for change out based on max life expectancy’s? Different shop presented the different levels of predictability use in their respective shops. Developing Historical data is critical in developing a reliable predictability system.

Who uses Elvira to establish repetitive or predictive maintenance schedules for melt shop equipment wearable items? Conform IT was one mentioned

What are other shops doing in regards to grounding equipment and it proper allocation? Particularly a process during down days to make sure grounds that are installed are removed prior to start up? The group reviewed the different requirements they have and how it is documented and signed off. Intellect software was discussed as a way to develop a complete accident investigation program.

Took a break at 10:40

We started back at 10:50

Does anyone us a panel tracking system for the furnace panels. The group discussed different way and methods used to tack the life of panels.

How often do other shops clean there steam ejector system? The reviewed the different maintenance practices.

Has anyone changed a tundish rotary cylinder? Most have not had any trouble.

Does anyone have procedures for removing large diameter bearings? Portable cages and different process reviews were discussed.

Do other shops work in pairs? This generated a discussion safety and managing resources. The safety conversation carried on for a long time covering different safety programs and how the reduced near misses and preventative actions in their shops.

Does any use portable scales to determine if a lift is too heavy to lift? This was in regards to back safety making sure no lifts more than they are aware of.

What type of pipe are other shops using for their carbon systems? Abresist and Stein Flexible Ceramic lined Conveying hose products were discussed.

What are other shops using for CMMC? SAP, Orical, Tabware and others were discussed.

The group broke for lunch at 12:00

The group returned from lunch at 1:10

We use Vibration monitoring on select gear boxes and cranes. Does anyone use this on other equipment? There are shop that use this on multiple different equipment with good results.

Does anyone use real time monitoring? Some do but most shops are using the manual monitoring on down days. Different companies were mentioned and used for these services with mixed reviews.

What types of grease system are used on the run out tables? Farval, Dinapower and other companies were discussed.

Does anyone know a good crane drive experts. Simmers Crane was mentioned with good reviews from multiple shops. Magnatech was another one with good reviews.

We are have an energy study on the backup generators and EPA say’s the not compliant with emission control. Is any other shops dealing with this issue? The group discussed the different issues from state to state.

What are other shops doing to remove the torch kerf? Currently using jack hammers to do it but need an automatic system.

Did anyone ever have a stopped strand without closing the stopper rod? The group discussed different ways but the Vesuvius system was discussed with good results.

Who is responsible for setting value of spare parts? Some said accounting and others said stores with a person that has maintenance background. The group discussed different situations that dictate different processes. The conversation then moved to inventory control and cost control.

What are shop doing to look for cost saving? Air/gas leaks was discussed, with Auburn environmental using a camera to find leaks with great success. LED lights were also discussed along with variable drive utilizations in hydraulics, air compressors and other on demand motor systems. Burner purge system savings, motor variable speed starter controls, some shops with have a different results with different suppliers. Off gas analyzers were another area available for cost savings in carbon and gases consumed.

 What shops are complying to be “Certified” Crane operator? The group discussed different scenarios of compliance. A lot of the shop are just now getting in to this as well. Most shops are using the mobile crane supplier to do the certification training.

Took a break at 2:45

We started back at 2:55

What are other shop doing in near miss tracking and response? The group discussed this at great length and comparing how each shop handles recording, corrective actions and it tracking to measure effectiveness of the programs.

Are any shop doing risk assessment in there safety program development? Most shops do along with changing the culture on safety and getting everyone involved in it development and monitoring.

What is the average life of the D-1 thru D-3 duct sections in other shops? Everything from Pipe material such as carbon steel, 2-1/4 Chrome, bronze, Inconel, domestic vs import pipe and coatings were discussed at great length.

How do shop handle bearing inventory in regards to setting on the shelf to long? Do you have your supplier cycle them to keep them fresh? Large bearing storage was discussed as well with the focus on storage tank system.

Does anyone use vendor management for panels? Melter and Amerifab were two mentioned.

The group discussed Electrical Energy rates and how they handle peak load or high demand curtailment.

Do any of the maintenance guys get into slag development? Most shops let that to production groups.

Who is doing the PM’s on the EAF’s in your shops? Some shop have production involved and maintenance.

Does anyone use a UE ultrasound frequency monitoring to control over greasing bearings during PM’s? Some were, not many.

Do any shops bring in outside “non-resident” people for maintenance outage? Most shops will have their employees working with them to make sure it is done safely and correctly. Other shop have worked with and developed there contractors to count on them to be work independently.

Who does LOTO procedures for electrical systems? Most shops use the 110v down anyone and 110v up is electricians.

How does everyone handle LOTO of magnets? With disconnect on cranes do you go up or rely on lights to tell you it’s off? Long discussion on this was held.

Who’s using electrode adding robots XO was mentioned.

Mark discussed nominees for vice president and the group voted by voice vote Bill Hosmer of CMC Alabama was elected the new Vice president.

The round table finished at 5:00 pm.

This meeting the members will be on their own for dinner and return to the hotel for the Hospitality room activities from 7 till 11.

The group started off Tuesday with breakfast from 7:00 to 8:00.

The group boarded the bus at 8:00 for the tour of SDI Pittsboro Facility. The group then returned to the Hotel at 11:45.

At 12:00 the members broke for lunch

Sean opened the Technical session with updates for the day and reminded everyone that an attendance to provide Mark with their business cards for the attendee list. This will be emailed to the attendees later in the week. All papers will be available for review on our web site.

Sean made the introduction for our first presentation at 1:05.

Nenad Butch Radoja of Connors Industrial presenting a paper titled “AUTOMATED THERMOGRAPHY FOR PRIMARY STEELMAKING AND MAINTENANCE". Butch finished the presentation at 1:30 and took questions from the floor.

After a short break Sean introduced our second paper at 1:40.  

Nick Jones of Leybold Oerlikon presenting a paper titled, "STEAM EJECTOR VACUUM SYSTEMS FOR VACUUM STEEL DEGASSING PROCESSES." Nick finished the presentation at 2:10 and took questions from the floor.

After a short break Sean introduced our third paper at 2:20

 J. Michael Kiss of Kiss Technologies presenting a paper titled "OPTIMIZATION OF CASTER OSCILLATORS". Michael finished the presentation at 2:55 and took questions from the floor.

Sean made the introduction for our fourth presentation at 3:15

Russ Bauer of Kalenborn Abresist presenting a paper titled “ABRASION RESISTANT MATERIALS IN THE STEEL INDUSTRY”. Russ finished the presentation at 3:45 and took questions from the floor.

Sean made the introduction for our fourth presentation at 4:55

Chris Allen of Conveyor Guarding presenting a paper titled “TO THE POINT WITHOUT A PINCH: THE RIGHT WAY TO GUARD” Chris finished the presentation at 5:25 and took questions from the floor.

 We broke for the afternoon to prepare for the evening dinner. At 6:00 the members gathered in the Ballroom for a hospitality mixer. At 7:00 dinner was served. At 8:30 we were able to hear our guest speaker Kale Heibult Melt / Cast Manager of SDI Pittsboro.                 

On Wednesday October 5th, at 9:00 the members attending enjoyed a round of golf at West Chase Golf Course.

The 41st Meeting Agenda

MONDAY, October 3, 2016

 7:00                  HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET (ALL INVITED)

                           SIGN IN WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARD

8:00 - 8:10.       INTRODUCTIONS & MEETING KICK OFF BY SEAN COLLINS

8:10 - 12:00       ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

12:00 - 1:00      LUNCH BUFFET (ALL INVITED)

 1:00 - 4:30        ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

 5:00 – 6:00       MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OWN FOR DINNER

 7:00 – 11:00     HOSPITALITY SUITE WITH HOURSDORVES

                    PROVIDED BY THE SUPPLIER GROUP (ALL INVITED)

TUESDAY, October 4, 2016

 7:00 – 7:50       HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET

 7:50 - 8:00        BOARD BUS OUTSIDE HOTEL PROMPTLY FOR THE TOUR OF SDI PITTSBORO

 8:00                  DEPART FOR THE TOUR OF SDI PITTSBORO PLANT

 11:30                RETURN TO THE HOTEL

 12:00                LUNCH BUFFET

 1:00                  INTRODUCTION: SEAN COLLINS

 1:05                  PRESENTATION:

Thomas Connors OF Connors Industrial PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “Automated Thermography for Primary Steelmaking and Maintenance" 

1:35 – 1:45       QUESTIONS        

                        BREAK

1:50 - 2:25         PRESENTATION: 

Nick Jones OF Leybold Oerlikon PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED, "Steam Ejector Vacuum Systems for Vacuum Steel Degassing Processes."

2:25 – 2:35       QUESTIONS

                        BREAK

2:45 – 3:15       PRESENTATION:

J. Micheal Kiss OF Kiss Technologies PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED "Optimization of Caster Oscillators"

3:15 – 3:25       QUESTIONS

                        BREAK

3:35 - 4:05        PRESENTATION: 

Russ Bauer OF Kalenborn Abresist PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “Abrasion resistant materials in the steel industry

4:05 – 4:15       QUESTIONS

                        BREAK

4:25 - 4:55        PRESENTATION: 

Chris Allen Of Conveyor Guarding PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “To the Point without a Pinch: The Right way to Guard"

4:55 – 5: 05      QUESTIONS

5:05                   RETURN TO YOUR ROOMS

6:00 - 7:00      GATHER IN THE MEETING ROOM FOR HOSPITALITY

7:00 - 8:00        DINNER

8:00 - 8:30        GUEST SPEAKER:

                          KALE HEIBULT, MELT / CAST MANAGER Steel Dynamics Pittsboro

8:30 - 11:00      HOSPITALITY MIXER WITH BEVERAGES    

WEDNESDAY October 5, 13, 2016  

9:00 - 1:30        GOLF OUTING AT West Chase Golf Club

MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OUR FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK

Maintenance Guild Meeting October 3-5, 2016

The Forty First meeting of the Maintenance Guild will be held in Pittsboro, Indiana with our host Plant being SDI Pittsboro. All attendees should plan to be in an all day round table session on Monday with an evening hospitality mixer. The technical presentations will focus on water-cooled Technologies and tour will be Tuesday afternoon and our Golf Outing Wednesday morning.

This meeting we will be electing a new vice president due to the last elected member leaving the industry. The member dues need to be current to be considered a voting member per our corporate charter. Please consider becoming an officer with the Maintenance Guild.

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport located at 2501 South High School Rd. Indianapolis, Indiana. You can fly into Indianapolis International Airport (IND) which is minutes from the airport to the Crowne Plaza. The hotel has regular shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The room rate for the Guild members will be $119.00 dollars per night. To make your reservations,"click Maintenance Guild " or individuals can call (317) 244-6861 or (877) 227-6963 by the cut-off date. They must identify themselves as members of Melt Shop Maintenance Guild. All reservations must be guaranteed and accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Guest room rates are established based on total group negotiations. Individuals making hotel reservations through discount means, such as via the Internet, will not be considered part of the group’s guest room block.

You need to make the meeting fee payments in advance. The cost for this meeting will be $350.00 (American) and can be made on our website www.maintguild.com or you can fax me a PO number at (330) 479-5061 and I will invoice you for the fees as long as we receive the funds prior to the meeting. This fee will cover the cost of meals, bus transportation, meeting rooms, and equipment.  The cutoff date for the block of room we have on hold is September 8, 2016 and we only have 40 rooms in the block so make your reservations soon.. After this date the rooms will go on a first come first served basis. Please make your travel arrangements as soon as possible.

Tuesday evening we will have a dinner with guest speaker from Steel Dynamics

 For those individuals that are interested there will be a group gathering Wednesday for a round of golf.  If you are interested in playing please contact Mark Kropf at or call him at (330) 479-5060. I need to know by no later than September 30th 2016 if you plan on golfing so tee times can be secured.  We plan to Tee off by 9:00 and finish at 2:00. After the outing all members will be on their own for the rest of the weekend. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to seeing you in Indiana.

Meeting minutes of the April 12th, –13th 2016 meeting in Tuscaloosa Alabama

Meeting minutes of the April 12th, –13th 2016 meeting in Tuscaloosa Alabama

The members of the guild arrived on Monday April 11, 2016 for breakfast at 7:00am and the Round table sessions began at 8:00.                

Danny Avalos reviewed the details of the meeting. Dan covered the week’s event schedule.

The following companies were represented; CMC TX, CMC AZ, CMC AL Nucor Seattle, Charter Steel Cleveland, Electralloy, Nucor Texas, Nucor Tuscaloosa and IVACO Rolling Mills.

Danny then ask the group for nominations from the floor for vice president.

Next Danny started the round table session by review a new process in the round table development to organize the round table topics by grouping began at 8:10 with questions from the floor.

Issues with roller table gear box motor multi-point lubrication system is a single point better? The group discussed the problems they were currently having and solutions that could make the system reliable. Cycle time and grease type all play into the system reliability.

Has anyone made the switch to go from steam to dry ejector system in degassers? More shops like the dry systems but found it cost prohibitive to abandon existing steam.

Does anyone have any problems with arcing across the holders phase to phase during flat bath and carbon injection? The group discussed the pitch circle along with the evacuation delta hole size. Also discussed carbon injection velocity to be high enough to penetrate the slag for better recovery.

What are other shops using to keep their crews hydrated during the hot season wearing “FR” clothing? Water, gator aid, power aid and these types have been used. Some shops are trialing cool vest and those types of body cooling systems. The pros and cons were then discussed. Torch wear was one discussed that had favorable results with the guys on the floor.

Is anyone else using and having issues with AB Advac Switch gear racking mechanism. Advac system was discussed as a possible solution. The group discussed the topic and what other shops are using. Remote racking switch gears was discussed as well.

Anyone have any experience with Xtek gearing? Having issues with equalizer sheaves and are able to get the problem solved. The group discussed different type of cable issues from drum wear, coated cables and that type of solutions.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a tap changer oil filtration system? The group discussed a couple different companies with the pros and cons of them. Vacutap, Reinhausen were a couple mentioned.

Burner system lock out procedures systems was discussed. And the importance of having a single point shut off capability.

Anyone using billet shears in place of burners at the caster? The group discussed different applications and its results. Deburring round billets is the biggest area that needs solved.

Has anyone ever used MLT for magnet supply? No one in this group present had.

Water quality issues. Has anyone come up with a solution to remove glycol for water system? The group discussed the different challenges glycol in water make at the treatment facility.

Has anyone have a problem with radial pump start up issues. Periodically the pump will start rattling and self-destruct with no apparent issues.  The group discussed different check and what was system is experiencing prior to failures. One possibility was the application of suction filters possibly causing cavitation.

 Anyone using off gas analyzing systems? The Tenova system was discussed along with the pros and cons of the technology.

How do shops know how there burner system is performing? In system calculations and equipment results, process people and operators that interact with the equipment all play a big role in system performance?

Is anyone using Buss cable swivels and how are they performing? One plant has them on the wall side and one other shop is using them on both sides. The group discussed the different ways to utilize the connection system to benefit the shop and reduce the down times.

Does anyone have coupling wear indicator that measures radial and axial wear on the coupling.  Drum coupling on the ladle crane had failure and they found there was issues on the indication and how to inspect.

Took a break at 9:50

We started back at 10:20

The next topic was confined space entry and the latest fatality in the industry. The group had a long discussion on portable sensors and the calibration systems MSA was one the group referenced as a reliable and easy to use. The group also discussed the odorant additions to Argon and other inert gases used in the mills that can alert personnel to a present hazard.

How are other maintenance organization set up as far as centralized vs local maintenance that are dedicated? They discussed the benefits of individual ownership of assigned personnel to equipment. The group discussed the accounting side on tracking maintenance cost and the benefits of tracking monthly maintenance cost. This allows us to control and impact overall maintenance cost while improving reliability.

The question was ask about duct and baghouse design impact performance in the melt shop.

What are shops doing to find and retain skilled labor? The group discussed the different programs they are using from High school requiting and apprentices to college partnerships that provides education for job agreements. STEM was options discussed along with Tech School partnerships. The conversation moved to training and improving the existing work force to make sure they are always current with the technologies of the time. One company will make those individuals for the new Equipment responsible for the training of the others in the shop to make them more interactive with the development of the equipment to keep them up on the new technologies.

The group broke for lunch at 12:00

The group returned from lunch at 1:30

Mark passed out ballots for vice president and the group voted. By voice vote Charles Minter was elected the new Vice president.

The conversation continued on the topic of training and retention.

Are any of the shops doing a study to determine arc flash requirements for PPE? The group discussed who was and some are going to.

What predictive maintenance are other shops using on their gear boxes? Most shops are doing monthly visual inspections, vibration, and oil. Most shop do not keep spare gear boxes but do keep gear sets on hand to cover failures.

What are other shop using for temperature and sample testing? Fericon, XO & More were a couple systems discussed.

Does anyone have automated roof vents to release high temperature air on down day? No air permitting does not allow us to do that. The conversation moved to air flow helmets pure flow and 3M were two mentioned.

Radiation detection systems Radcon, RSI were a couple that was discussed.

Anyone using More Lime injection systems? The group discussed the different types f injection systems.

Anyone using wireless RTD systems? What issues are you seeing? There was a conversation on the limitations of the wireless systems in regards to distance and the different issues between Rosemount and Emmerson.

What about limits switches? Most shop talked about relocation was the better solution.

We are looking at recovering lime fines to recycling into the furnace. Some shops are doing this and discussed the system and how it functions.

What are other shop doing on 2015 implementation some shops are using a 3rd party inspection of the high voltage switch gears and relays.

What shops are using variable speed systems on their bag house fans? The group discussed the different issues with these systems.

What are other shop doing for burner maintenance and how often are you changing them? The Group discussed the different methods used as well as thermocouple sensing to measure blow back damage and or failure.

What are other shop doing for tie offs on cranes? Most shops are using 3rd party to design and install those systems to assure proper installation. Diversified was one company mentioned to do those designs and evaluation.

What are other shops using in regards to Slag doors? The group discussed different ones that have been used and only one shop had one that was considered working well.

Are anyone having issues with new hire personnel with medical issues that are not covered prior to hire? Most shops are doing the upfront physical prior to hiring.

 Anyone using VFD’s for hydraulic systems? It was mentioned that a paper was made at last year’s AISTech. The group talked about using smaller pump systems with accumulations to control system size and energy savings.

How do other shops handle individuals coming to you with issues like sore back and how is this tracked as far as OSHA recording. The group discussed process and making sure the employee knows how important it is that they have the company involved to make sure they get the proper care and recording to avoid finger pointing between hospital and insurance.

What is other shops bag house bag life span and the types of bags they are using? 6 to 8 years for a polyester bag that is properly cleaned and maintained. Bag inspection also helps determine timely bag changes are made.

Anyone using a precast delta’s? More shops are using them than the brick types. They discussed the use of electrode and delta systems and there befits.

Whose is using moisture detection systems in ductwork? They talked about the Tenova system that detects the hydrogen and other elements associated to water in the duct.

Any working on Arc flash detection. Somewhere looking at software that does this but still in evaluation.

What is the frequency of test emergency function on the furnace? Most shops will do this on any outage that is longer than 8 hours. There was a discussion on the variation of the testing and how to verify the results.

Where have other shops seen as optimum locations for arc flash detection systems. Switch gear locations seemed to be the highest ranked locations. Using arc guard along with current monitoring is the best.

35KV Switch gear mounted outside is developing high moisture content which leads to internal arcing. Does anyone have this problem and if you do what did you do to solve it. Only one shop had something similar and they went to an outdoor design switch gear to solve it.

What load cell companies are other shops using. Tech Weigh was one company discussed.

Anyone using Siemens PLC’s and who’s are you getting for service? The group talked about a few different companies used.

Anyone using “Faronious” thru Dewalt battery powered welder? One shop is using them with get success. They are under 30 pounds in weight and can run 6 - 1/8” 7018 rods. Very versatile. 

Anyone thinking or using social media or and app to communicate with employees while not at work to communicate safety and or reminders? The group discussed different attempts to do this.

The round table finished at 4:00 pm.

This meeting the members will be on their own for dinner and return to the hotel for the Hospitality room activities from 7 till 11.

The group started off Tuesday with breakfast from 7:00 to 8:00. Sean opened the meeting with updates for the day and reminded everyone that an attendance list will be available for the attendees. All papers will be available for review on our web site.

Sean made the introduction for our first presentation at 8:05.

Todd Soja of AmeriFab presenting a paper titled "NEW TECHNOLOGIES IN WATER-COOLING". Todd finished the presentation at 8:30 and took questions from the floor.

After a short break Sean introduced our second paper.  

Craig Mason of Hose Master presenting a paper titled “application of stainless steel hose in water-cooling” Craig finished the presentation at 9:35 and took questions from the floor.

After a short break Sean introduced our third paper

 Chris Black & Neil Carter of RGA USA presenting a paper on “melt Shop Solutions”. Chris finished the presentation at 10:45 and took questions from the floor.

Due to a communication error our fourth paper was dropped.

 At 12:00 the members broke for lunch

The group boarded the bus at 1:15 for the tour of Nucor Tuscaloosa Facility.

 We returned to the hotel at 4:30 to prepare for the evening dinner. At 6:00 the members gathered in the Ballroom for a hospitality mixer. At 7:00 dinner was served. At 8:30 we were able to hear our guest speaker Chris Brubeck Maintenance Manager of Nucor Tuscaloosa.

On Wednesday October 28th, at 9:00 the members attending enjoyed a round of golf at Ol’Colony Golf Course.

The 40th Meeting Agenda

MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2016

 7:00                  HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET

                          SIGN IN WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARD                                       

8:00 - 8:10.       INTRODUCTIONS & MEETING KICK OFF BY DANNY AVALOS.

8:10 - 12:00      ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

12:00 - 1:00      LUNCH BUFFET

 1:00 - 4:30      ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS (CLOSED TO SUPPLIERS)

 5:00 – 6:00    MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OWN FOR DINNER

 7:00 – 11:00    HOSPITALITY SUITE WITH HOURSDORVES PROVIDED BY THE SUPPLIER GROUP (ALL INVITED)

TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2016

7:00 – 8:00       HOTEL BREAKFAST BUFFET

 8:00                  SIGN IN WITH YOUR BUSINESS CARD

 8:00 – 8:05       INTRODUCTION: DANNY AVALOS             

8:05 - 8:40        PRESENTATION:

Todd Soja OF AMERIFAB PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED "New Technologies in Water-Cooling".

8:40                  QUESTIONS

 8:50                  BREAK

 9:00 - 9:35      PRESENTATION: 

Craig Mason OF Hose Master PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “Cooling Systems for EAF’s”

9:35                  QUESTIONS

9:45                  BREAK

9:45 – 10:20     PRESENTATION:

Christopher Makselan OF watteredge PRESENTING A PAPER TITLED “application of curent conducting arm technologies”

 10:20                QUESTIONS

 10:30                BREAK

 10:40 - 11:15    PRESENTATION: 

Chris Black & Neil Carter OF RGA USA PRESENTING A PAPER ON “Melt Shop Solutions.” 

11:15                QUESTIONS

11:25                BREAK

12:00              Lunch Buffet

1:00                BOARD BUS OUTSIDE HOTEL PROMPTLY FOR THE TOUR OF NUCOR TUSCALOOSA.  

 1:15 – 4:00     DEPART FOR THE TOUR OF NUCOR TUSCALOOSA PLANT

 5:00              RETURN TO THE HOTEL

 6:00 -7:00    GATHER IN THE METING ROOM FOR HOSPITALITY

 7:00 - 8:30    DINNER

 GUEST SPEAKER:

CHRIS BRUBECK MAINTENANCE MANAGER NUCOR TUSCALOOSA

8:30 - 11:00   HOSPITALITY MIXER WITH BEVERAGES

WEDNESDAY APRIL, 13, 2016

  9:00 - 1:30        GOLF OUTING AT Ol’ Colony Golf Course

 MEMBERS ARE ON THERE OUR FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK